- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2008 Topps #471.
- Player Name, position, team: Brian Schneider, catcher, New York Mets.
- Major League Debut: May 26, 2000.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2007 stats (Nationals): 129 G, 408 AB, 33 R, 96 H, 21 2B, 1 3B, 6 HR, 54 RBI, 0 SB, 56 BB, 56 SO, .336 SLG .662 OPS, .281 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Expos #5th, June 1995. Traded by the Nationals to the Mets 11/30/2007. Bats: left, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Schneider's fifth regular Topps card (total includes both Topps and Topps Traded cards). Because this card was included in Series 2 of the 2008 Topps product, Topps had the time to "update" Brian's picture, changing his outfit from the Nationals to the Mets home whites. Since I highly doubt that this picture was taken during the 2008 regular season, (and I'm pretty sure Shea Stadium does not have seats in that shade of red), this had to have been "altered." I'm pretty torn about how these cards are produced. Part of me wants the cards to include players in their "current" unis, but part of me still wants to stay with tradition. They could have left Brian with the Nats, and then produced a Traded (or Updates and Highlights) card of him with the Mets. But, whatever works. The back of the card states that the Mets traded for him because of his 40% success rate in throwing out would-be base stealers.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.12-$0.30.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 14 cards.