- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1987 Topps #165.
- Player Name, position, team: Jeff Reardon, pitcher, Montréal Expos.
- Major League Debut: June 17, 1979.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1986 stats (Expos): 62 G, 89 IP, 7-9, 42 R, 39 ER, 67 SO, 26 BB, 0 GS, 0 CG, 0 SHO, 35 SV, 3.94 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Mets as a Free Agent 06/14/1977. Traded by the Mets to the Expos 05/29/1981. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Reardon's eighth regular Topps card (total includes both Topps and Topps Traded cards, not including All-Star or League Leader cards). The wood borders are what makes the 1987 Topps set unforgettable to many collectors. The 1987 set was also the last time Topps incorporated team logos into the design until 1996. The gray card stock with blue and yellow printing made it easy to read the backs of each card. Below the key stats, where room allowed, was an "On This Date" blurb. The back of Reardon's card celebrates July 3, 1968, the day Luis Tiant recorded 19 strikeouts in a 10-inning game. What was cool was not only did it tell you what happened that day, but what that player's Topps card number was for that year (Tiant occupied card #532 in the 1968 Topps set).
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.02-$0.10.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 30 cards.
Post a Comment