- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1972 Topps #60.
- Player Name, position, team: Gene Michael, shortstop, New York Yankees.
- Major League Debut: July 15, 1966.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1971 stats (Yankees): 139 G, 458 AB, 36 R, 102 H, 15 2B, 0 3B, 3 HR, 35 RBI, .224 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Signed by Pirates as a Free Agent before 1971. Purchased by the Yankees from the Dodgers 11/30/1967. Bats: both, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Michael's sixth regular Topps card (total does not include all-star, highlights, or league leader cards). This is actually the first of two cards that Michael appears in the 1972 Topps set (card #714 is an "In Action" card or Gene Michael). Psychedelically, the 1972 Topps design was truly a sign of the times with its wild color scheme and lettering. The back of the card includes a cartoon asking "How are earned run averages computed?" The answer shows a cartoon statistician trying to figure out the answer (Earned Runs x 9 + innings pitched).
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $10.00-$20.00.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 3 cards.
Well, it's back to normal on Monday. Tomorrow's card will be: 1996 Topps #289. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Come on back then to see what the Topps Card Randomizer gets us to look at then.