Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Because Somebody Doesn't Know How to Count...

Yesterday, I said that there would be 18 SP's in 2009 Topps Series 2. And I listed them (here they are again for review and as always, the checklist is always subject to change):

  • 340 Wade Boggs
  • 350 Ryne Sandberg
  • 353 Cal Ripken Jr.
  • 355 Jim Palmer
  • 400 Frank Robinson
  • 415 Bob Gibson
  • 475 Mike Schmidt
  • 476 Juan Marichal
  • 490 Nolan Ryan
  • 495 Brooks Robinson
  • 515 Reggie Jackson
  • 520 Tony Gwynn
  • 595 Robin Yount
  • 600 Greg Maddux
  • 610 Paul Molitor
  • 650 Steve Carlton
  • 660 Carl Yastrzemski
Well, either I or the person who I stol...ahem...copied the information from doesn't know how to count. Because as friend of the blog Big Daddy correctly pointed out...I only have seventeen names above.


Another friend of the blog, and frequent poster, tdlindgren commented, "Here's what I don't get. Topps can use Ted Williams image on packaging and in inserts such as legends, etc., why can't they make a regular SP card of him? I would love to see Clemente as well have a regular SP. I just don't understand why they either can't or don't."

Well, I'm going to guess that he's number 18. Makes sense right???

And here I am giving my daughter a hard time about her math skills...

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

may I ask u where u got this from?
Topps doesn't seem to be keeping up with there web site as they use too.I collect only reg.Topps issue cards and am allways looking for more info on checklist and release dates.
THANK U
and keep up the great work.

TDLindgren said...

Here's hoping Ted Williams will be the 18th SP and I'm sure there will be a suprise 19th SP as well!