Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The NL Lost...AGAIN!!!

Being a Cubs fan, I've always rooted for the NL in these games. Maybe I should just give up after tonight. Thirteen losses in fourteen games (and that includes the tie). Aaaagggghhhh!!!!

Some notes and observations:

1. Tim Lincecum looked nervous out there in the first inning. And the nerves spread through the infield. I think if he hadn't hit Jeter, the AL would not have had that early lead. By the second inning, everyone in the NL looked great.

2. Nice to see at least one player from Chicago get in the game.

3. Carlos Peña was robbed of a plate appearance. He would have been up there had the inning continued. When it ended, the next guy up was Carl Crawford.

4. Speaking of Crawford, who won the MVP award for this game??? I have not yet seen the results, but it should go to him. That catch he made off Hawpe saved the game for the AL. And how about that...it DID go to Carl Crawford. Congratulations!!!

5. What the heck was it with the one-pitch outs???

6. No home runs in this game. That's rare in these events isn't it???

7. I really hoped beyond hope that Howard would have gotten that hit in the eighth.

8. Another one-run All-Star Game. At least it wasn't a blowout. If it was, I would have lost interest, even if it was the NL leading.

9. Cool to see relievers get in the game as early as the third inning (Franklin). And I guess you could call it even now that Hoffman got Michael Young to ground out to end an inning. Where the heck was that three years ago Hoff???

10. That's it. It was a good game. Again, I'm sad by the outcome. At this point, extra innings would have been a good idea.

Now that the All-Star Game is over, and the second half of the season starts on Thursday, it is now time to get back to the business that is showing off Topps Baseball Cards on this humble little blog. Some projects that I swear I'll get to:

  • Review of The Enthusiast (yeah, I've been promising that for some time now)
  • Box Breaks from Series 2 Topps (been meaning to get around to this)
  • Where are they Now? The ten "rookies" that had autograph cards added to 2005 Topps Rookie Cup (Troy Tulowitzki was one of them) as cards 151-160
  • What of the Week??! Featuring Alexei Ramirez (brownie points if you know what I'm going to be talking about here
  • Speculation on who will appear in 2009 Topps Updates and Highlights
Have a good night. We'll start again bright and early tomorrow.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

2 comments:

The Drizz said...

granderson (a Chicago native) shoulda shared a co-mvp with crawford, whose catch was nothing less than spectacular, but it was grandy's triple which basically won the game in this pitchers duel. ps-jon pappal"bum" owes crawford a cadillac or something! if they woulda used verlander they wouldn't have needed a game-saving catch from carl.

Jason said...

Great sports blog!

I was wondering if we could exchange links. Let me know if this is possible. If you can, please let me know what you think about my sports blog as well.

Jason