I am a very proud Topps Baseball Card Collector. (If you've heard me spew out the resumé, bear with me please).
I own every base and traded Topps baseball card from 1976 through 2014 Topps Update Series. I also own many assorted sets, including:
- 1983-1990 Topps All-Star Glossy Send-in Sets
- 1984-1991 Topps All-Star Glossy Sets
- 1984-1991 Topps All-Star Glossy Rookie Sets
- 1984-1986 Topps Super
- 1986-1990 Topps Mini Leaders
- 1988-1990 Topps Big
- 1990-1992 Topps Major League Debut
- 1995 Topps D3
- 1997 Topps Screenplays
- 2001 Topps Archives
- 2002 Topps Archives: The Best Years
- 2003 Topps Shoebox Collection
- 2003-2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites
- 2001-2002 Topps 206 (Series 1-3)
- 2002-2003 Topps 205 (Series 1-2)
- 2003 Topps Cracker Jack
- 2004 Topps Cracker Jack
- 2005 Topps Hot Button
- 2005 Topps Rookie Cup
- 2005-2006 Topps Turkey Red
- 2006-2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's
- 2006-2014 Topps Retail Team Sets (all 30 sets from 2006, 32 since 2011)
- 2007 Topps Turkey Red
- 2009-2010 Topps 206
- 2010 Topps National Chicle
- 2010-2014 Topps Pro Debut
- 2011-2014 Topps Gypsy Queen
- 2012-2013 Topps Archives
- 2014 Topps All-Star Access
- 2014 Topps Future Stars that Never Were
- 2010 Blue Backs
- 2003 Topps Nolan Ryan No Hitter Record Breakers
- 2005 Topps Barry Bonds MVP
- 2010-2011 Topps Legends Short-prints
- see the want lists on the right-hand side for more
I used to have a spreadsheet that kept track of the number of cards I have in my collection.
I have now lost that spreadsheet. I don't know why, I don't know how, but all I know is that it is lost, and I can't find it.
So there is only one thing left to do: Start the count from scratch.
Which actually may be a good thing. Why?
Because since I started the new job, I have not really spent time in the basement where my collection is. Now forget the fact that I didn't really put much time into the blog in 2014 because of the new gig, but my collection seemed to have been ignored.
I am re-setting the official count of my collection to ZERO, and am going to spend 2015 not only increasing my ever growing collection, but I'm going to take a count of the number of cards I have and, more specifically, WHAT cards I actually have.
Now, this total won't count the cards that are in boxes that I would like to use to trade, sell, give away, etc. This is for the cards that I consider a part of my collection.
I'll probably go down the line, album by album and take a headcount. And on the way, we'll know for sure exactly what I have in my collection. I don't plan on taking all year to do this, hopefully a couple of months (when I have some free time). I'll post updated numbers on the blog.
So let's set the number of cards at zero...
And let's get to work.