Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Quick Response to A Non Ymous.

Normally when somebody says "I'm not trying to bust your chops or rile you..." that person is ready to bust my chops or rile me.

If you read my post, I wrote that I know that people don't spend too long on any one blog. My point is that if people did a bit of digging, whether it's here, or anyone else's blog, the information they're looking for can be found. And forget the sidebar (I've seen longer on other blogs, and have taken the time to scroll down to read everything because you never know if something is on there that could be of some use). Even if you didn't want to search the sidebar, there is an search bar at the top of the blog (the one with the magnifying glass). Just type the word you want (like Randomizer), and the site will bring up every post with the word Randomizer on it. Granted, every Random Topps Card of the Day has the word Randomizer on it, but it wouldn't take too long to find the first post that explains what it is.

I have always put on the comments box that "If you must leave a comment anonymously, that's fine too." The part you missed was "Although I wish you wouldn't. I'd like to get to know the people who actually read this humble little blog." That's why I complain about anonymous posts. In some instances, (not all instances), the anonymous comments I get are either spam, or are just written to leave something negative and run. I do understand the need for anonymity, and I respect that. Is it really nagging when I say I wish that people didn't leave anonymous comments? Perhaps. But I am not about to disable the option. Because it shows me that at least somebody took time out of their day to say something about what I wrote. And I appreciate those kinds of comments, anonymous or otherwise. It's the spam, and comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand that bother me.

Oh well, as the old saying goes, "You can't please all of the people all of the time."

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: