Thursday, April 1, 2010

Welcome to bdj610's Upper Deck Baseball Card Blog!!!

I've had it with Topps!!! Years of boring and unattractive designs (sometimes both), unnecessary gimmick cards, squirrel cards, fake prospect cards, and questionable relics (is it a bat or a stadium seat card??!) have made me sick and tired of the practices of the Topps Company!!!


I have decided, after hours of agonizing, that I am going to switch my allegiances to Upper Deck. From now on, I will refer to the Topps Company as "that other card company" and will spend the rest of this blog's existence talking about cards made by a company who brought the Hobby we knew and loved to new heights.

Who knew that a $1.00 pack of foil-wrapped cards could revolutionize the way we collect cards today? And that hologram? No way these cards could be counterfeited...not like that other card company's gray cardboard stocked atrocities. So now is the time to make changes to this now not so humble little blog and it's time to say goodbye to all these cards that have been taking space in my home. If you want them, you know how to contact me. Starting today, the official card collection count starts at zero. And when I get home tonight, I'm going to change all the setting and the title of this site to "bdj610's Upper Deck Baseball Card Blog."

So join me as I navigate my way through my new collecting endeavor...acquiring every basic eponymous Upper Deck set (and all the basic insert sets, and short print variations therein). I think with my luck, I'll finish my quest by the end of the year...


Yeah right...Happy April Fools' Day everybody!!!

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Collective Troll said...

Awesome JayBee! Happy AFD to you, too!