Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm Doing Some Serious Reading...



I just found the book "The Card: Collectors, Con Men, and the True Story of History's Most Desired Baseball Card" by Michael O'Keefe and Teri Thompson at the local library yesterday. I've read many strong opinions about this book so I thought, "why not read it when you have the chance."

I'm only three chapters into the book, and already I'm getting that same stomach turning feeling I did when I read Pete Williams' "Card Sharks: How Upper Deck Turned a Child's Hobby into a High-Stakes, Billion-Dollar Business. Most of the positive feelings I had about the Hobby before reading the Card Sharks book went out the window after reading it. Both books devote a lot of time to the history of the hobby, before hitting hard on the main story, which I like.

A book report, something I have not done since high school, will be written as soon as I'm done reading it (give me at least a month to digest it all).

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

dayf said...

Yeah, that's a wild book. Lots of juicy tidbits in there. If you aren't cynical now, you sure will be...