Thursday, July 10, 2008

Greatest Auction Ever...Every Topps Baseball Set from 1951-2008...OVER!!!

Friend of the humble blog Big Daddy just informed me that the Huggins and Scott auction for every that had EVERY TOPPS BASEBALL CARD FROM 1951 - 2008 in one huge lot ended last night. Here are the results (for those who don't want to click on the link):

Opening Bid: $2,500.00

Bid Count: 31

Closing Price: $32,500.00

With a 15% buyers premium ($4,875.00), the winning bidder is paying $37,375.00 for 58 complete Topps sets.

Based on the condition of some of the older cards, I'm not surprised that the sell price didn't go through the roof, (I was thinking that the auction would end in the mid 50,000's), but I didn't expect it to end that low. The winning bidder got himself (or herself) a bargain for an auction of that many cards.

I highly doubt that they are going to announce the name of the bidder who won. I'd love a shot at interviewing the winner just to find out what he or she will be doing with the cards, and is this person planning on upgrading the poorer conditioned cards?

Congratulations to the winning bidder. Enjoy the cards.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: