- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1998 Topps #75.
- Player Name, position, team: Jim Edmonds, outfielder, Anaheim Angels.
- Major League Debut: September 9, 1993.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1997 stats (Angels): 133 G, 502 AB, 82 R, 146 H, 27 2B, 0 3B, 26 HR, 80 RBI, 5 SB, .500 SLG, 60 BB, 80 SO, .291 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Angels #7th, June 1988. Bats: left, Throws: left.
- Any special information about this specific card: Edmond's sixth regular Topps card (total includes both Topps and Topps Traded cards). Jim was, at this point in time, starting to bloom into the All-Star outfielder that the Angels expected he would be. He gained his reputation as a defensive daredevil with "The Catch," perfectly described on the back of this card. I highly doubt that the picture on this card is of said play, but it looks pretty close (back turned to the infield, running towards the wall, I think if he attempted the dive, he would have slammed head first into the wall). The 1998 looks great with it's gold borders. It's just too bad that for some reason Topps has a hard time replicating that color border when it comes to reprints of that design. I mean other than the A-Rod reprints cards (in both 2001 and 2010), the 2006 Mickey Mantle, the 2005 Topps Rookie Cup reprints, and others had borders that were just wrong, (a bright shade of orange). Ick. But still, one has to admire the fact that this design is hard to replicate, especially trying to add the little team logos in the background of the box with the player's name and team affiliation.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 53 cards.