- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1985 Topps #350.
- Player Name, position, team: Wade Boggs, third baseman, Boston Red Sox.
- Major League Debut: April 10, 1982.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1984 stats (Red Sox): 158 G, 625 AB, 108 R, 203 H, 31 2B, 4 3B, 6 HR, 55 RBI, 3 SB, .416 SLG, 89 BB, 44 SO, .325 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Red Sox #7th, June 1976. Bats: left, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Boggs' third regular Topps card (total does not include league leader cards). How weird is this? Saturday's card of the day was the 1985 Topps card of fellow All-Star and Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, and the card in my last post was of Wade Boggs' 2009 Topps U & H SP? I don't know what this means either. Anyway, back in 1985, Boggs still did not have enough years of MLB service to get rid of his minor league stats (we see that he played for Elmira, Winston-Salem, Bristol for two years, and Pawtucket for two years). Topps did it right with the 1985 design, using the appropriate team colors for the team name banner and name plate. And with almost all players' cards, there is a baseball trivia quiz question below the stats. The question asks: Who led the A.L. in RBI's (123) in 1984? The answer.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.25-$0.60.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 87 cards.