- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2006 Topps Updates and Highlights #UH12.
- Player Name, position, team: Brett Tomko, pitcher, Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Major League Debut: May 27, 1997.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2005 stats (Giants): 33 G, 190.2 IP, 8-15, 99 R, 95 ER, 114 SO, 57 BB, 30 GS, 3 CG, 0 SHO, 1 SV, 1.37 WHIP, 4.48 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Reds #2nd, June 1995. Signed with the Dodgers as a Free Agent 12/22/2005. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Tomko's tenth regular Topps card (total includes regular and traded cards). As said previously, the 2006 Topps set was the first one to come out in the 4-year period that was to have both active licensees come up with more kid-friendly designs. And with the multi-colored borders, the cartoon on the back, and easy to read text (on both sides of the cards), Topps succeeded with this effort. After spending a couple of seasons in San Francisco, Tomko made his way to southern California, to join the Dodgers as a rotation regular. The blurb on the back states that he was moved to the "bullpen to capitalize on his upper-90's stuff." Which was a nicer way of saying that because he was struggling with a 6-6 record, along with being on the DL for the better part of July, he was sent to the bullpen upon his return to the team. The cartoon on the top left corner mentions that Chuck Finely "K'd 4 batters in one inning three times in his career." Below the team logo, there is a random stat of Brett's: 2005 Complete Games, 3. Regarding the rest of Tomko's Topps cards, he has not been part of the base set since 2006. He appeared as a bonus card in the 2007 Topps Dodgers factory set, and has been a staple in the last two Update and Highlights sets.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 13 cards.