- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1981 Topps #443.
- Player Name, position, team: Jim Beattie, pitcher, Seattle Mariners.
- Major League Debut: April 25, 1978.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1980 stats (Mariners): 33 G, 187 IP , 5-15, 115 R, 101 ER, 67 SO, 98 BB, 29 GS, 3 CG, 0 SHO, 0 SV, 4.85 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Yankees #4th June 1975. Traded by the Yankees to the Mariners 11/01/1979. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Beattie's third regular Topps card (total includes both Topps and Topps Traded cards). The word Topps makes an appearance on the card, albeit not the familiar logo we've all been accustomed to (that begins in 1982). The design this year is mostly remembered for the use of the hats as an integral part of the design. Note that all the hats, except for the Pirates hat, are all regular baseball caps, with the button top. The Pirates hat is flat. Why? I don't know. Beattie didn't do too well in 1980, and the statistics show it. The card itself was double printed, meaning there are more of this card than others. Topps printed all their cards on six sheets that would be 11 cards across, and 12 cards down. However, there are only 726 cards in this set, on each sheet containing 132 cards, 11 cards were printed twice. With six different sheets, that's 66 DP cards.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.05-$0.15.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 10 cards.