Friday, January 22, 2010

Guess What's Back in Blasters of 2010 Topps Baseball?

Good news (for me anyway)!!! The Target near me had packs of 2010 Topps baseball. After the shock wore off, I bought a few (cough...20...cough) packs. Breaks coming soon.

Anyway, Steve at White Sox Cards also managed to get some 2010's at his local Target. But his big box store had blasters...something my hole-in-the-wall store did not. Take a guess what is making a comeback in blaster boxes of 2010 Topps baseball? See picture below, and take a good look at the top left corner:

Compliments to Steve at White Sox Cards for the picture.

Yes, the Throwback parallels are back at Target in 2010. And this time, instead of cramming a full box of this stuff in the blaster box, two packs out of ten will have the gray card stock cards with the old Topps logo on them.

Wait...does this mean Wal-Mart is getting black bordered (with black background) Topps cards?

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

10 comments:

sociallyawkwardjellyfish said...

*mixed feelings*

Anonymous said...

Guess I am not buying any blaster of it this year...

Nachos Grande said...

Only two "throwback" packs per blaster? No thanks. I guess Topps didn't learn.

Anonymous said...

Oh well, I wasn't planning to buy blasters anyway.

The throwbacks were fun when it was possible to collect them without going broke. At two packs per blaster, they're just an annoyance.

GOGOSOX60 said...

I like these cards, I just wish these were issued in a separate wax box with gum....now that's pure throwback like Pepsi and Mountain dew!!! Maybe an odd gum stain every 100 cards.....

night owl said...

This goes right in with my New Year's resolution not to buy any blasters this year.

Thanks for helping me, Topps!

Steve Gierman said...

I liked it better when Topps did the entire blaster worth of throwback cards. I still have nothing of Target or Wal-Mart variations from the 2009 series 2 because they switched the packaging limitations midstream.

steveisjewish said...

Question for th expert - the Albert Pujols card #327 has outfield listed on the back for position but !B on the front - do we know if they were all printed as such?

Bo said...

When I saw the title post my guess was "sticks of gum".

SqueezePlayCards said...

I was feeling pretty good about some of the inserts in the base product this year and now they have to do this again. First impression...... WTF!!