Saturday, March 13, 2010

What Do You Mean There Are More Lincolns in Cubs Cards??!

After the Milton Bradley/Abraham Lincoln card was discovered (which by the way shot my visitor rates through the roof), it appears that more were found by a collector over at Freedom Card Board's message boards. But here's the caveat...

Because some of the members are really good with photoshop (including adding one of the guys from The Hangover, Johnny Cash, and someone else onto other players' cards), I was a bit skeptical. So I went onto Twitter and asked the person who runs the toppscards account to confirm that these were real. Here is the conversation:

"@toppscards The Lincoln/Bradley card was found. Can you confirm these as real? http://bit.ly/dAcCsP

"@bdj610 We can indeed confirm that those are real. And a happy Friday to you."

Short, and to the point. That means for those of you haven't run through your base cards, start looking for these three bonus Abraham Lincoln variations (thanks to TMB member rvcubed (R Valk) for the scans):






Okay, so the Abe in Dempster's card looks a bit creepy. And the one on Colvin's is a bit blatant at best. Abe does his best "Where's Waldo" impersonation on Samardzija's card.

And after a bit of gut wrenching decision making...I've decided NOT to go after these Lincoln cards. Why? Because while one would have been fine. FOUR??? Just like the Yankees and the PITF variations, four (or more...if there are anymore) are way too many. Now, that doesn't mean I'm not going to go to every card show I know and search through already made Cubs Team cards in the hopes of finding one of them, but I won't be actively looking for them either. If I do manage to spot one, then we have a different story entirely.

Happy Hunting!!!

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

6 comments:

Drew said...

I posted about these too, interesting that Topps did this, I wonder how many exist.

Bo said...

On the bottom right of the Samardzija card, is that two girls making out?

Drop The Gloves! said...

Why are people paying over $100 for these cards?!?!?!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be honest, I kind of like these. I'm not going to chase them, but it's nice to see a team other than the Yankees get a little love.

Drop The Gloves! said...

It's always the major market teams that are gimmicked; when is it the Pirates' turn?

I was fine with the Bradley card because it actually blends in. The others look fairly ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Those people that spent over $100 on eBay are going to hate themselves next week when they are all over the place and going for $10.