- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1991 Topps #454.
- Player Name, position, team: Kevin Appier, pitcher, Kansas City Royals.
- Major League Debut: June 4, 1989.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1990 stats (Royals): 32 G, 185.2 IP, 12-8, 67 R, 57 ER, 127 SO, 54 BB, 24 GS, 3 CG, 3 SHO, 0 SV, 2.76 ERA..
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Royals #1st, June 1987. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Appier's second regular Topps card (total includes both Topps and Topps Traded cards, not including his 1989 MLB Debut card). Kevin finished third in the AL Rookie of the Year voting in 1990, behind ROY Sandy Alomar and runner-up Kevin Maas). He was voted onto the 1990 Topps All-Star Rookie Team as that year's RHP. Hence, the trophy on the bottom left corner of the card. Love the design as it's utilizes the team's colors, logo, and acknowledges Topps' 40 years in the baseball card business. The year 1991 was the last we would see the use of a gray card stock in the base brand. The back mentions that Kevin and his wife are the parents of a daughter, Britney. The monthly scoreboard ends its three-year run on the back of players' cards as well, in Appier's case, there is a monthly breakdown of games and strikeouts for 1990. There are two versions of this card, an error card that omits his 1990 stats with the Omaha Royals (which is the card I have), and a corrected version which includes his stats from Omaha.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.15-$0.40 for the error card, $0.02-$0.10 for the corrected card.