Monday, January 25, 2010

More Pie Shots in 2010 Topps...And Rickey Henderson Too.


It looks like Mark Teixeira isn't the only one getting a card with pie on it.

Reports today include Nick Swisher getting the same treatment. For those keeping score at home, his card number is #65.

And also, from the number one source in the hobby...Francisco Cervalli. Pictures are above (thanks to Field Level View). Card #422...


WHAT??!

And finally, from Sooz of A Cardboard Problem, and the gentleman who runs Rickey Henderson Collectibles, word of a 2010 Topps Rickey Henderson SP card has surfaced. Picture of the front is above as well. Card #95.


That brings our tally to nineteen SP cards, three of which are Yankee Pie Faces. I'm not too sure if I want to get any of them, but that #422 might be of interest.

Will there be more?

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

10 comments:

Mr. Scott said...

I went to a couple of the games that pie was tossed so i'd love to collect them.

Roy said...

I'm going to wager that every card in the set has a short print or photo parallel. Why Stop at 19?

Joe S. said...

Wait, so the pie face cards are SPs???

dayf said...

#422??

Topps is releasing short prints from series two in series one now?

Calanula!

The Drizz said...

ooohhh stale gum's gonna have a fit!!!!!!

madding said...

They may as well just make the "regular" cards the hard ones to get. This is getting ridiculous.

Brady James said...

I think the short prints are fun. I don't seek them, by any means, but if I find them, I like them.

The Drizz said...

i can see how they would be a pain for true set builders like jaybee, but if you just needed one or two for your team or player collection (unless your a yankee collector!) they are fun. im not a high end collector so these are perfect! thank you topps!

night owl said...

The last thing I want is a card of a Yankee getting a pie in the face, so I will say a little prayer of thanks that these are short-prints and I will never see them in my hands.

ManOfSteal said...

I think that might be the first time anyone has ever called me a "gentleman." Makes me sound like one of my grandparents!