- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2006 Topps #145.
- Player Name, position, team: Troy Glaus, third baseman, Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Major League Debut: July 31, 1998.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2005 stats (Diamondbacks): 149 G, 538 AB, 78 R, 139 H, 29 2B, 1 3B, 37 HR, 97 RBI, 4 SB, 84 BB, 145 SO, .522 SLG, .885 OPS, .258 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Angels #1st June 1997. Signed by the Diamondbacks as a Free Agent 12/09/2004. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Glaus' ninth regular Topps card (total includes both Topps and Topps Traded cards). The first year of the new MLB Properties deal that saw only Topps and that other company putting out baseball cards. Topps decided to launch their "kid-friendly initiative" with this set. Note the two-colored borders, and the font used for the team name. It screams "kid friendly." They even put cartoons on the back of the players' cards, something not seen on a Topps card in decades. The cartoon on Glaus' card spotlights his career best 47 home runs in 2000. In his one year with the D-Backs, it is said in the blurb below the stats, he had tied the team record for home runs in consecutive games with four...on his first week with the team. Actually, 2005 was his only year with the D-Backs. The card itself is an error card as the stats on the back includes the 2005 minor league stats of Robinson Cano. To wit: just above Glaus' 2005 stats, there is a line for Columbus. Glaus didn't play in the minor in 2005, and Columbus is the AAA team for the New York Yankees. Checking Baseball Reference's website, and reviewing the Columbus Clippers' roster, the stats on the back match future Yankee Cano's 2005 numbers. The updated Blue Jays card does not have this stat line. And how Cano's stats got on Glaus' card is a mystery.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 36 cards.
Tomorrow's card will be: 2004 Topps #31. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Flash back in time with the blog tomorrow.