- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1979 Topps #155.
- Player Name, position, team: Dwight Evans, outfielder, Boston Red Sox.
- Major League Debut: September 16, 1972.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1978 stats (Red Sox): 147 G, 497 AB, 75 R, 123 H, 24 2B, 2 3B, 24 HR, 63 RBI, .247 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Red Sox #5th, June 1969. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Evans' seventh regular Topps card. A young Evans pictured here (I remember him with a mustache in later pictures), looks like he was ready for picture day. The prior year, he participated in his first All-Star Game, and had won the second of what would be a team best eight Gold Glove awards. As with all 1979 Topps cards, it is remembered for the use (or the first appearance) of the "hook-t" Topps logo, which is now found on Target Throwback parallel cards in 2009 and 2010 (and for that matter, the Retired Signature sets from 2003 to 2005). The blurb on the back indicates that Dwight "tied the WS record for highest fielding percentage by an outfielder in a seven-game series with (a) 1.000 Pct. on 24 chances in 1975 Classic against Reds." Well, you can't really break perfection can you??? Tying the record is one thing, but how many chances did other outfielders have who had the same fielding percentage in a seven game series??? As with other cards from 1979, many included a Baseball Dates section, where the question of "What Happened" on a certain date in baseball history was asked on the card. On Evans' card, the date is 05/12/1963 (The Braves used 13 pitchers in a doubleheader).
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.60-$1.50.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 36 cards.