Friday, April 2, 2010

It's About Time They Got on Board!!!

Topps Blog

On Twitter yesterday, the guy who runs the toppscards account, Mike Mader, announced that on April 5, 2010 (Opening Day for MLB...wait, don't the Yankees and Red Sox play on Sunday???), that he will be launching the Topps Blog.

"I'm pretty excited about it." says Mader on his twitter post. "The blog will be a lot of things, but mostly I want to give you guys a bit of an insider look at Topps and connect better with the hobby community. Hopefully we'll have some fun with it."

For those wondering, the web address is http://toppsblog.com/.

He had asked people who wanted to be added to their blogroll to send him a link. I have already done so for both this blog and the Sports Card Blogroll.

I don't know what's going to happen on this blog, but I'm looking forward to whatever they to say. I just hope that, sooner or later, they'll clean up the message boards. It's been a bit of a train wreck lately with all the spamming. But the members there have withered through the storm of stupidity, so hopefully something better will come from it.

But now what am I going to write about??? I guess we'll have to wait and see when the Topps Blog makes its debut on Monday. Mike, although I highly doubt you'll be reading this, I wish you the best of luck. I will add you to the big blogroll on Monday. Enjoy the journey.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

2 comments:

Nachos Grande said...

I only hope that their blog is more useful/interesting than the official Topps website! The blog should open new avenues of communication between Topps and us collectors though, so that's good news!

cynicalbuddha said...

Amen to that FanofReds. I wonder if they'll ever get someone to update their website, seems it's always way behind and almost impossible to find what your looking for, like a checklist, and if you find a checklist, it's almost impossible to use because of the format. But i agree at least there will be someone to yell at now. I yell at Upper Deck on their blog and Facebook all the time and I gave them a ton of crap for not nominating the Blogroll for an award, they even wrote me back!! That was a first, most of the time I just make snide remarks when they try to tell me how great they are. I just try to remind them we aren't morons and we pay attention. Keep up the good work JB