Friday, September 19, 2008

When is U & H Coming??! Waiting is the Hardest Part!!!

2008 Topps Updates and Highlights...How fast can you get here???

Is it just me??? Or are you just waiting for this baseball season to end so that the 2008 Topps Updates and Highlights cards can show up at the local Hobby shop, department store, or online???

I can't take it anymore!!! The cards are supposedly coming out the week of October 13, but that's being optimistic, seeing that every time they announce a release, the products come out at least two weeks later than expected.

So I pose these questions for you (whoever actually reads this, please feel free to respond):
  • What are you most looking forward to when 2008 Topps Updates and Highlights arrives on shelves everywhere?
  • Are there any specific players you are looking for? (the checklist, for those interested, is over here, just scroll past the Heritage High numbers part. And remember, the checklist is always subject to change)
  • Any insert sets you are looking forward to chasing? (First Ladies, Year in Review, Walmart, Target, KMart exclusives, WBC cards)
  • Are you expecting any "gimmicks"? What do you think will show up this year? Will there be people out there wanting them? (The answer to that last question should be obvious...I'll probably go after them).
I know I should be excited about the possibility that both Chicago teams are within earshot of making it to the playoffs, but this season can't end fast enough. I need...ahem...want new stuff to open, and I'm not talking about stuff from the other company, no matter how much some people out there fawn over them like everyone should be getting in on them.

If anything, throw me something I can use, like maybe the design for 2009 Topps!!! Anything!!! I'm patient, but I don't know how much more I can stand it...

The lyrics of Tom Petty's The Waiting comes to mind:

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part


Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

7 comments:

Spiff said...

I have always liked Topps Traded or Update sets. It is nice to see the players who have moved in their new threads.

Patsearcher said...

I want to get my hands on the Ashburn 1959 cut auto relic. I personally love U&H. I also want the Joe Blanton base card. I'm concerned about the two Fukudome, cards #1 and #285, as a possible gimmick.

night owl said...

Manny Ramirez, of course. (Looks like there are three of him in the base set). I soured on the Topps regular set pretty fast this year, so there's always a chance I give up before I get Manny. But there's always ebay/trading!

The Drizz said...

tigers tigers tigers!

looking forward to...

matt joyce and armando galaraga rc's (they each had one in the 55 card premo team set, but they were not action shots)

topps possibly giving brandon inge a card?! (he became a starter after the all-star break, that would be considered an "update" right?)

the wbc miggy cabrera card (even though he and other fellow venezuelans might not participate)

not looking forward to...

the jeff farnsworthless card. i know we had to try and get something for pudge, but i'd rather we got a 20 sack of white castles instead of fartsworth.

the fact that there is only 1 tiger all-star card (guillen). stop reminding me of the horrible first half!

Steve Gierman said...

Ugh. Why are there two Fukudome cards? Who did Topps leave out?

I always look forward to the update set. I'm not thrilled that it's relegated to an insert set to a Heritage update set. This will make it harder to complete the Heritage set and super hard to complete the update set.

dayf said...

I'm not enthused about either product to be honest. The Kotchman card in a Braves uni would be nice but I don't see any Braves rookies anywhere on that list. If they put him in an airbushed mu-mu like they did to Tex last year, I'll burn all my 2008 Topps cards.

I got disillusioned with Topps U&H last year when I spent a bunch of money on packs and then found a factory set in every Target for 25 bucks. I'm also disillusioned with Topps in general for 2008. It's not looking good for U&H as far asI'm concerned.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the Mickey Mantle Story cards on a 1957 Topps design, my favorite design.