Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog Day...Ick!!!

Curse you Phil and Willie the Groundhogs!!!

I wanted to post this earlier today, but I forgot to scan the card before leaving for work...

If you have kids who watch the Disney Channel, you're going to understand where the line for the caption above came from. It's how I felt as soon as I watched the news this morning, and they showed Punxsutawney Phil, and then later on, Woodstock Willie (Woodstock, IL, by the way, is where they filmed that timely holiday classic, Groundhog Day), or at least the people holding the cute little rodents, announce the same darn thing:

"Phil (Willie) saw his shadow this morning. That means six more weeks of winter!!!"

(insert mix of boos and groans here)

Dr. Doofenshmirtz, I understand. Really. I do. But just remember, there are 12 more days until pitchers and catchers report for spring training, so it will be over soon!!!

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: