Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm Heading to WalMart Tomorrow. Here's Why!!!

Okay, so I said I wouldn't be buying any more series I cards. But thanks to the Junkie (because I saw his post on it first), my curiosity has been piqued.

It seems that both the gentleman who runs John's Old School Breaks, and the gentleman who writes for Nachos Grande, both discovered full packs...that's right...FULL PACKS...of cards that look exactly like this in their blaster boxes:

No, not the card on the left...the card on the right!!! Image courtesy of Nachos Grande.


What??!

I've just gone on the Bay. Maybe somebody would be able to explain this, if at all. This is what I found:


The people selling cards on the Bay are saying that these cards can only be found in blasters at WalMart. Holy Alex Gordon Batman! Don't tell KO!

Could this be the unannounced parallel cards, akin to the 2007 Topps Red Backs and 2008 Topps Gold Foil cards? Why are there full packs of this stuff? Why haven't we been warned about it? And how come people are only finding out about this now...more than three weeks since the product went live??? Topps,

What were you thinking??!

Wait I know...you knew that if the blog world got a hold of this news, it would make us collectors want to buy more cards. Well you know what??? You got this one customer...hook, line, and sinker.

See you at WalMart!!!

Sincerely

JayBee Anama

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad that I know not to buy at WalMart before I waste money on potentially getting ugly black-bordered unannounced parallel gimmick cards.

Good job, Topps.

Nachos Grande said...

I have bought both the "jumbo" type packs at Wal*Mart and the loose packs from the gravity feed...and both of those only gave me the normal white bordered cards.

Only the blaster resulted in the black borders...and I must warn everyone, they look uglier in person than they do in the pictures online.

night owl said...

Perhaps we haven't heard of these yet because up until the last couple of days I hadn't heard of blasters being available at Wal-Mart anywhere. Only Target.

dayf said...

Nooooo don't do it! You have so much to live for! Don't get sucked in by THE BLACK DEATH

Anonymous said...

in the words of harry carey, holy cow. this set is like dark matter in the universe of baseball cards...anyway, i actually like the cards for their uniqueness.

TDLindgren said...

It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.