Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Few Quick Thank Yous and Notes About ToppsTown in 2009.

A huge thank you is in order for the gentleman who runs Grand Cards (the Curtis Granderson mega-blog). For sending him a number of cards off his wantlist, I got in exchange the five cards that make up the 2008 Topps Detroit Tigers factory bonus set (previously discussed here). Love the cards and have added it to the increasingly heavy binder that holds all my 2008 Topps cards.

Another thank you has to go out to friend of the blog Jason Fry for sending me three Mets cards that came exclusively in the factory sets, specifically for the Angel Pagan card found in the 2008 Mets factory set. Former Cub factor here. And that reminds me that I will have to do a "Light of Day" post sometime before the end of the week.


Also, I have just finished sorting through the 12 + 16 packs of 2009 Topps that I bought at Target (wait...I didn't mention that I went back and bought 16 more packs???). I know with those I'm nowhere near a complete set (which is a moot point since I bought a full master set on eBay). My kids and I have already sorted out the ToppsTown cards (so don't ask for codes, you can have the cards though after they've entered the codes in the computer though). And will enter the codes later this week. I've already entered mine (we each got nine cards each, and there is one gold card that will go to one of the kids), and in either my haste or my sleepiness, I must have transposed a couple of letters or something because I am now the proud owner of 8 ToppsTown BASKETBALL cards. So I want to publicly say I'm sorry to the person who will get this actual code, try to enter it, only to find out it was already used. Nobody stars amongst the eight I got, so don't panic, but still, I'm sorry.

The ToppsTown cards look great, and each one has their own Topps Attax statistics ready for play. I entered the code on the Topps Attax card (which by the way is the same code on all cards, but you can apparently use it once per account), and got bonus ToppsTown cards to boot. I really can't wait for this Attax thing to start.


Finally, I'd like to welcome back friend of the blog (and eBay rival) Craig in Texas to the blogosphere. With the upcoming release of Topps Heritage, he's been posting on a more frequent basis. Check him out at his blog called My Topps Cards. This guy has an incredible collection, with complete sets dating back to the 60's. He is probably about a hundred or so cards away from completing the ultimate master set of Topps cards...from 1952 to now!!! He was even able to get those 2006 Topps Alex Gordon cards before KO jacked up the price.

That's all for now. Until next time.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

dayf said...

So you get virtual Topps Attax cards in Toppstown this year? Well dang. I guess I have to sign up now.