Sunday, February 1, 2009

Random Notes and Responses to Comments on Superbowl Sunday!!!

It seems that the cat is out of the bag and 2009 Topps I is at Target stores somewhere (those that decided to put them out earlier than the actual release date that is). I'm on the hunt tomorrow, if not on Monday. Otherwise, I have to put a call in to my dealer (geez, that sounds bad).

I also purchased my third eBay item this weekend. When it arrives, I can scratch out the ten card 2008 Topps Holiday Set Bonus cards from the wantlist. Cost with shipping? $18.50. Still looking for that Berkman card though, and friend of the blog the drizz gave me a good tip to find one.

Speaking of my good friend the drizz...dude, I wrote that post earlier this week!!! If I do find something unique when I get to Target, I will post something worthwhile here.

To Patricia and Lucy at Dinged Corners...I have not forgotten your card. I finally was able to package the card and will ship it on Monday. I am now fully involved in the blogging community as I have no idea if I sent stuff to people or if it's still here.

Which reminds me...Greg (night owl), did I send that 2003 Topps Traded Rickey Henderson Dodgers card to you? I can't seem to find it in the chaos of my table, but I swear I had to have sent it. Please let me know. Thanks.

That's it for now. Getting ready to watch the Pirates and Diamondbacks this evening...oh wait, that's baseball. I mean, the Penguins and Coyotes...sorry, that's hockey. Panthers versus Wildcats...college. Just kidding.

It's the Steelers and the Cardinals for the big one today. Who am I for? I've always rooted for the NFC team in these games, but realistically, I'm not emotionally attached to either team. So go Cardinals (I can't believe I just said that...)

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

2 comments:

The Drizz said...

duh! the cereal boxes! as an avid reader i'm ashamed ;). the excitement must of overwhelmed me and i totally forgot!

night owl said...

As a matter of fact, I just posted about it here:

http://nightowlcards.blogspot.com/2009/02/something-to-snack-on.html

It came in the mail Saturday. Thanks!