Monday, February 23, 2009

One Down, 18 SP Cards to Go...

The chase is on folks. I have decided to go after the 19 SP cards in 2009 Topps Series I. I'm going to try and show restraint and as best as I can, try to acquire these either by trading or buying at eBay at extremely reasonable (meaning under $10.00) prices. Today, I begin my 19-card expedition. Introducing the first card acquired via trade...

George Sisler #115.

These cards are awesome up close. I think Topps did an incredible job picking the pictures to use for the SP's (by now, EVERYONE has seen what all of them look like). I want to thank new friend of the blog Don Avery from the Topps Message Board for this card. We are already in talks regarding the acquisition of the second SP card he has found, Walter Johnson. Don, I sent you the cards you needed. Please review, and let me know what you need, or if you have an updated list.

So, let the games begin!!!

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

5 comments:

steveisjewish said...

I will be chasing these this summer as well - i only pulled pee wee reese from my jumbo box

dayf said...

Good luck with this, I'd chase them too if they weren't so hard to pull. they look incredible.

TDLindgren said...

Good luck in your pursuit JayBee! I look forward to seeing the cards as you get them. The whole set looks awesome! I'm still trying to obtain both the Gehrig and Robinson and trying not to spend more than $15 each, which is tough to do right now.

Jeremy Roe said...

Good luck JayBee...I'm eager to start acquiring these as well, but I'm also trying to exercise some patience until they become a bit more reasonable. They are terrific looking cards.

JoshSamBob said...

I hit the Cobb, and can be "reasoned with" - it's on feeBay for $35, but I'd be open to trading it.

Toss me an email.
- JSB