Sunday, February 22, 2009

Overdue Responses to Comments and the Last Box Break!!!

Okay, I know it's been a while, but it's time to respond to questions, comments, complaints, and apparently, trade requests.

First, let's focus on yesterday's box break.

Joey, I'll have to get back to you to see if the Kinsler is still available. The person I'm talking to said he needed the card, but is getting more cards, so it's going to be a wait and see thing. I'll e-mail you when I find out.

Rod, thanks for the history lesson on Eddie Kunz. If anything, this should go to show that I don't do any kind of prospecting due to my not even knowing who this guy is.

Speaking of the Kunz card, two people have expressed interest in the card. I'm not looking for much, but any 2009 SP card, or any Target or WalMart exclusive Legends of the Game cards would work. Please e-mail me at bdj610@hotmail.com with what you would offer for the card.

William, I'd take any 2009 SP card if you have one for the Ripken patch. If not, I'd be interested in selling it to you. Please e-mail me as well if you are interested.

To friend of the blog the drizz, I knew you'd want that Granderson card (did I over hint that???) I e-mailed you and the cards will be on their way to you this week.

Now, on to other questions and comments...

Dan, that Jed Lowrie card you asked about is the 1/1 Platinum card. Golds are numbered /2009, the black cards are /58.

Anonymous, (why be anonymous...I don't bite) printing plates are not variations. They are what you'd consider parallels, and even that is debatable. I wouldn't call it a variation because the image is the same as the regular card. Now if it was entirely different, then we have another story.

Eric, thank you very much for the comment. That does mean a lot to me. I was exposed to Panini a long time, and their products may have shaped the way I look at collecting cards today. I still think that it's too bad that Topps is being taken out of the hoops game, but it's only for three years...right???

Jeremy of the Hall of Fame Cards blog, thanks for the legal insight. I don't think Topps gave the license to the O-Pee-Chee brand to UD, I think UD bought the rights from Nestle (or whatever company owned the name). O-Pee-Chee has been around longer than Topps, and if UD really wanted to capitalize on the name, they would use the OPC designs from the 30's and 40's. Using the "designs" from the 60's through the 80's is akin to openly mocking Topps in my opinion. I think, if they are able, that Topps should sue. But what do I know, I'm no lawyer. I'd like to think that Topps wouldn't be crazy enough to stoop down to the level UD is at right now (and that's pretty low).

The gentleman who writes for the Sports Card File boldly predicted that if MLBP decides to go with the one company exclusive route, that they would award Topps with the license. That would be nice, but I think competition, even if it is with one other company, is good for the hobby.

That's all for now. The Oscars are over. Again, I saw none of the movies that was up for the running. So now, I'm packing it in for the night. Until later...

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No rush on the Kinsler. If the other guy takes it thats okay. I'll get one eventually. They aren't scarce.