Monday, November 26, 2012

2012 Topps All-Star Rookie Team Contest Winners!!!‏

Now that the 2012 Topps All-Star Rookie Team has been announced, I have spent the good part of the afternoon going over all the e-mails I received, seeing who outguessed me in the All-Star Rookie Team contest.

Even with all the unanimous picks of Cespedes, Harper, Trout and Darvish, nobody correctly predicted all eleven players who would make the team this year. The fact that Topps named returned to eleven players for this year's team (unlike last year when the team consisted of ten players) makes me glad that I covered all bases and asked those participating to name four pitchers (a right-handed and left-handed starter, and a right-handed and left-handed reliever). But once again, nobody wins the 2005 Topps Rookie Cup set grand prize.

More entries were sent to me this year than in last year's contest, so needless to say I was a bit nervous that the results would be expensive on my part. But out of all the entries I did receive, only five people beat my score of nine. Congratulatory e-mails have already been sent, so it's okay for me to announce the winners:

Congratulations to Jason Carter, Reilly Cotter, Tyler Geivett, Don Sherman, and Anthony Zarriello!!!

Many of the people who participated in the contest did get the same number of players right that I did...a big fat nine. If Steve Lombardozzi was a unanimous pick by all of our participants in the contest, two of the men above would have had perfect scores and would have been in the drawing to win the grand prize. Regardless, all five gentlemen will receive a Hobby pack of 2012 Update Series for outguessing me.

Thank you very much to all who participated in the contest. Although nobody got all ten to win the grand prize, I promise to run this contest again next year. Hopefully somebody will win it.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: