Friday, July 30, 2010

For Those Wondering Where I've Been...

I've been on vacation, and apparently did not set the Random Card of the Day posts properly while I've been out. That will be rectified this weekend. Hopefully.

When things go back to normal, here are a couple of the things I want to discuss on this humble, little blog:
  • I went to the Schaumburg Flyers/Andre Dawson & Friends Celebrity Softball game on Wednesday, and have a number of pictures to post (have to sort through the blurry ones though). While I didn't get any autographs (lines were too long, and I don't really go for that kind of thing anyway), it was fun, and I want to share some comments about it when I get back.
  • There seems to be a lot of Hobby related hatred lately. Why is that? Mike Mader, who runs the Topps Company's twitter account was hit with some criticism after he had suggested that there be some kind of forum at the National. The hatred (maybe the word is too harsh, but it's almost 3:00 in the morning, and I can't think straight right now) I've witnessed has been going on for a long time now, and it makes me wonder if there are people who really don't like what's happening in the Hobby, why even be in it??? I might be a bit naïve (okay, a lot naïve) when it comes to certain things related to the Hobby, but isn't what Mader is trying to suggest a good thing???
  • And to continue with the "Hobby hatred," it seems that the blogosphere is all a-twitter (get it...) with the latest box break from the number one source of the hobby...to the point that it got pretty heated (from my vantage point) on the old "140 character" site. That will be discussed as well.
  • Writing this blog has been a journey, and I received two e-mails from readers this week that I would like to share on here. Very positive stuff, not about what I write on this humble little blog, but about realizing what makes this Hobby of collecting great in general and the memories that the cards bring to people (which is kind of the point about collecting the stuff we do, isn't it???).
My vacation runs through the weekend and into the middle of next week, so I am sorry for the lack of posts lately. A lot of things have been going on (not bad at all...good things...) personally, so I've been focusing on that. Again, when life gets back to normal (depending on your definition of normal), I'll be posting again on a regular basis.

In the mean time, if you want to see the cards that the Topps Card Randomizer picked for this week, here you go:


The pictures have already been saved, it's just a matter of getting the posts in. I'll try and catch up during the vacation (which actually started last Saturday...) and be back with abandon by the middle of next week. Take care all.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Joe S. said...

I completely, totally agree with your thoughts on the hobby hatred lately. If you don't like it, get out! From our end, it's just a freakin' hobby. People are unwilling to accept that for the manufacturers, Beckett, and card shops, this is a business, ruled by the almighty dollar.