- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1996 Topps #70.
- Player Name, position, team: Ron Gant, outfielder, Cincinnati Reds.
- Major League Debut: September 6, 1987.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1995 stats (Reds): 119 G, 410 AB, 79 R, 113 H, 19 2B, 4 3B, 29 HR, 88 RBI, 23 SB, .554 SLG, 74 BB, 108 SO, .276 AVG.
- Any special information about players: Drafted by the Braves #4th June, 1983. Signed with the Reds as a Free Agent 06/21/1994. Bats: right, Throws: left.
- Any special information about this specific card: Gant's tenth regular Topps card (total includes regular and traded cards only). The well-traveled Gant made his way to the Reds in 1994. He was on the DL that year due to injuries suffered in a dirt bike accident (something highlighted on the back of his Topps card...translation, be careful kids). But he was back in a big way in 1995, leading the Reds to a Central Division title. He became an all-star once again, and even hit three extra-inning home runs that year. His efforts were rewarded at the end of the season when he was named the NL Comeback Player of the Year. His 1996 Topps card shows him at beautiful Wrigley Field, taking aim at the bleachers in left. He only played that one year with the Reds. He would go on for another eight seasons, traveling all over the majors to play for Cardinals, Phillies, Angels, Rockies, Athletics, and Padres. But the 1995 season was sweet redemption for a man whose career was almost cut short.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of each player do I own?: 30 cards.