- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1985 Topps #298.
- Player Name, position, team: Marty Barrett, second baseman, Boston Red Sox.
- Major League Debut: September 6, 1982.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1984 stats (Red Sox): 139 G, 475 AB, 56 R, 144 H, 23 2B, 3 3B, 3 HR, 45 RBI, 4 SB, .383 SLG, 42 BB, 25 SO, .303 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Red Sox #1st (Secondary), June 1979. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Barrett's second Topps card (total includes regular and traded cards only). Before I begin, yes...my card is that off-center. I'm surprised that you don't see anything from the next card over. This will be one card I'll plan on upgrading (if I ever remember to do so). Barrett's first full year with the Red Sox saw him establish himself as the team's second baseman. His best season would be the 1986 season, in which his hitting (24-60 between the ALCS and World Series), kept the BoSox in hunt for that elusive World Series. The green background of the card backs printed on gray card stock, along with red (or pink) text, makes it a bit hard to read what's on the back of the cards. Below the stats is a Baseball Trivia question. The question on Barrett's card: Who won the only game for the Padres in the 1984 World Series? The answer.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.05-$0.15.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 12 cards.