- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1986 Topps #588.
- Player Name, position, team: Steve Lake, catcher, Chicago Cubs.
- Major League Debut: April 9, 1983.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1985 stats (Cubs): 58 G, 119 AB, 5 R, 18 H, 2 2B, 0 3B, 1 HR, 11 RBI, 1 SB, .193 SLG. 3 BB, 21 SO, .151 AVG.
- Any special information about players: Drafted by the Orioles #3rd, June 1975. Traded by the Brewers to the Cubs 04/01/1983. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Lake's third regular Topps (total includes regular and traded cards only). This is the first time that the randomizer chose two cards from the same year on consecutive days. Granted, we went from the Traded set to the regular set, but that's how it works. Lake was the premier back-up catcher for the Cubs, Cardinals, and Phillies, never appearing in more than 75 games in his 11 seasons in the majors. He would be one of the players who would not have a Topps card because he was the third string catcher. The back of his card mentions that Lake hit his first career home run on 4/26/1983.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.02-$0.10.
- How many cards of each player do I own?: 11 cards.