Tonight, eight All-Stars battle it out in one of the biggest spectacles in baseball. Yes boys and girls, it's Home Run Derby night.
Above are the eight competitors who will be swinging for the fences in a battle to see who is the most prolific home run hitter of the derby. For the National League, we have a power hitting lineup, with one SS and 3 OF's participating. For the American League, it's one DH and 3 OF"s participating.
Let's review the HR totals this year shall we? For the National League:
- Corey Hart, the Brewers' slugger, has 21 going into the competition,
- Matt Holliday of the Cardinals joins with 16,
- Chris Young, the young D-Back, enters the derby with 15 home runs
- Hanley Ramirez, the power hitting Marlin, currently has 13 home runs.
The sluggers the AL will send include:
- Miguel Cabrera, the Tigers leading masher, leads the AL with 22 home runs,
- Vernon Wells of the Blue Jays follows with 19,
- David Ortiz, the Red Sox DH, is next with 18
- Nick Swisher, Final Man Winner, comes in with 15 homers.
May the best man win. And oh yes, expect these eight guys to have Home Run Derby cards in this year's 2010 Topps Updates and Highlights set.