Thursday, November 26, 2009

2009 Topps All-Star Rookie Team Contest Winners!!!

Now that the 2009 Topps All-Star Rookie Team has been announced, I have spent the good part of the evening going over all the e-mails I received, seeing who outguessed me in the All-Star Rookie Team contest.

Unfortunately, nobody correctly predicted all ten players who would make the team. The news that Omir Santos won the catcher's position pretty much dashed everybody's shot at a perfect ten (almost everyone chose Matt "I'm-a-Razor-Exclusive" Wieters). So nobody wins the 2005 Topps Rookie Cup set grand prize.

But I am happy to say that out of all the entries I received, only two...TWO...readers beat my score. Congratulatory e-mails have already been sent, so it's okay for me to announce:

Congratulations to Don Sherman and Glenn Savage!!!

Both gentlemen each correctly predicted who would win in eight out of the ten positions. If you recall in my announcement post, I only got seven right. Each of them will receive a Hobby Jumbo pack of 2009 Topps Updates and Highlights (I know that I originally said a regular pack, but I am free to change my mind).

Thank you very much to all who participated in the contest. Although nobody got all ten to win the grand prize, I promise to run this contest again next year. Hopefully somebody will win it.

No comments: