- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1995 Topps #244.
- Player Name, position, team: Frank Rodriguez, pitcher, Boston Red Sox.
- Major League Debut: April 26, 1995.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1994 stats (Pawtucket - AAA): 28 G, 186 IP, 8-13, 95 R, 81 ER, 160 SO, 60 BB, 28 GS, 8 CG, 1 SHO, 0 SV, ERA 3.92.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Red Sox #2nd, June 1990. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Rodriguez' second regular Topps card (his first card, incidentally was also a future star card in the 1994 Topps set). Is it just me, or does this card make it look like Rodriguez is pitching in front of some blinds??? Apparently there is a difference between the players in the Future Stars subset and Star Tracks subset. A converted shortstop, Rodriguez was "considered Boston's leading pitching prospect." They would have made him a closer (due to the Sox' belief that he had a lack of stamina), but he led the IL in complete games, innings pitched, and strikeouts (so much for that thought). He did indeed become a reliever, and was actually traded to the Minnesota Twins in the middle of the 1995 season.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.05-$0.15.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 4 cards.