- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2005 Topps #249.
- Player Name, position, team: Tony La Russa, manager, St. Louis Cardinals.
- Major League Debut: May 10, 1963. Managerial Debut: August 3, 1979.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2006 stats (Cardinals): 95-67 managerial record.
- Any special information about manager: Promoted to Manager (Chicago White Sox) 08/02/1979. Hired as Manager (Cardinals) prior to the 1996 MLB season.
- Any special information about this specific card: La Russa's twenty-third regular Topps card, twentieth as a manager (total includes both Topps and Topps Traded cards). Previously discussed before, the 2007 Black Bordered set is prone to chipping. Hired by the Cardinals after the 1995 MLB season. In 2006, La Russa's 11th season at the helm, the Cardinals became World Series Champions for the 10th time in team history. The 2006 Cardinals won their NLDS 3-1 over the Padres, won an exciting seven game series over the Mets in the NLCS, and upset the heavily favored Tigers 4-1 in the World Series, making LaRussa the sixth man to win World Series in both leagues. The card itself is an uncorrected error card because while the bio on the back of the card reads that he has (as of the end of the 2006 season) 2,297 career victories, the career managerial record below his 2006 stats reads 1589-1478. What??!
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 31 cards.