- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1967 Topps #340.
- Player Name, position, team: Joe Pepitone, first baseman-outfielder, New York Yankees.
- Major League Debut: April 10, 1962.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1966 stats (Yankees): 585 AB, 149 H, 21 2B, 4 3B, 31 HR, 83 RBI, .255 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Signed by Yankees a Free Agent before 1958 season. Bats: left, Throws: left.
- Any special information about this specific card: Pepitone's sixth regular Topps card. If you're looking for anything special about the 1967 Topps set in terms of design...you're not really going to find one. Other than the team name in big bold letters and a facsimile autograph, the design department really mailed the design in for this set. Although, you have to admit for the mid-60's, it's not so bad of an effort (do this in the 21'st century, and you're asking for mass overhauls in the graphics department). Pepitone led the Bronx Bombers in home runs with his 31 and 83 RBI's. At least that's what the back of his card reads. It goes on to read that the "popular first sacker is one of the game's best fielders...a good clutch performer, Joe broke up several games with timely hits...". Pepitone's minor league numbers are included on his card, showing that he made stops in Auburn, Fargo, Binghamton, Amarallo, and Richmond before hitting the big time in New York. There are two cartoons above the stats and comments. The first one indicates that Joe "once crashed 2 homers in one inning" The other one says that he "hit a grand-slammer in the 1964 World Series."
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $4.00-$8.00.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 5 cards.
Well, it's back to normal on Monday. and we're already into March. The Topps Card Randomizer back at work and has already selected the next seven cards we'll be looking at next week. Tomorrow's card will be: 1985 Topps #350. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST.