- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1987 Topps #430.
- Player Name, position, team: Mike Schmidt, third baseman-first baseman, Philadelphia Phillies.
- Major League Debut: September 12, 1972.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1986 stats (Phillies): 160 G, 552 AB, 97 R, 160 H, 29 2B, 1 3B, 37 HR, 119 RBI, 1 SB, .547 SLG, 89 BB, 84 SO, .290 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Phillies #2nd, June 1971. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Schmidt's fifteenth regular Topps card (total does not include any league leaders, record breakers, super veterans, in action, or all-star cards). Remember when 37 home runs was enough to win the home run title? Me neither. But with that number, Schmidt led the NL in 1986, to go with a league leading 119 RBI's. The 1987 is the second wood bordered set Topps produced (see 1962). A lighter wood (pine perhaps) was used this time, and to see a full sheet of these (and they sold these cards in full sheets) is like looking at 132 pictures on a piece of plywood. The back of the card has a quick blurb about Mike listing electric trains among his hobbies. He also hit 13 Game Winning RBI's in 1986 (they listed this stat in 1987...to bad it's not kept track of anymore).
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.20-$0.50.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 75 cards.