- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1976 Topps #218.
- Player Name, position, team: John Knox, third baseman, Detroit Tigers.
- Major League Debut: August 1, 1972.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1975 stats (Tigers): 43 G, 86 AB, 8 R, 23 H, 1 2B, 0 3B, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .267 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by Tigers #8th June 1970. Bats: left, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Knox' third and final Topps card (this total does not include the Topps mini card from 1975). As 1975 was Knox' final year in the majors, the total stat line on his 1976 card is complete (for the 9 stats on there anyway). I think I understand why Topps used the brown and gold combo for the Tigers borders for the 1976 Topps set, but I don't think it makes any sense based on the fact that the Detroit Tigers colors are blue (navy), white, and orange (occasionally). The card I have is so far off center in both directions, but fortunately, it's not miscut. The back of the card includes a cartoon, about how on May 8, 1935, Ernie Lombardi hit 4 doubles in successive innings (6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th), helping the Reds beat the Phillies 15-4. If this isn't already impressive enough, he did it against four different pitchers!!!
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.15-$0.40.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 1 card.