Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It Must Be a Slow Week...

For those who've noticed, I'm sorry that I have not posted a thing all week. Why is that?

  • No breaking news to report on new products that I find interesting.
  • No earth shattering news about Hobby happenings.
  • Nothing in the mail lately (still searching for the Obama, Ott, and Munson SP cards...may cave and just buy on the Bay).
  • I've been busy at work, and should be back on schedule at work by the end of this week.
  • I'm still going through all 30 of the team sets that I bought last week.
  • Getting ready for my daughter's 9th birthday (Yikes!!! she's growing up too fast).
  • Waiting for Topps Series 2 to come out so I have something new to write about.
Those are the excuses anyway. Back to the point.

This is exactly what I feared. The season is only three weeks old, and I can't think of anything decent to write about. It isn't writer's block...but the muse must have taken a holiday because I haven't been inspired to write anything as of late.

But that doesn't mean I have not done anything, or prepared anything, for the blog. I've been doing a lot of research (with whatever time I can spare), and am slowly piecing together topics for this blog. Nothing specific yet, but what I do know is that I plan on the following features in the next few weeks ahead:
  • My Top 10 2006-2009 Topps 14 (or 15) team set cards. This will include my rationale as to why I buy all 30 of the team sets, and where I've gotten them. (I am insane).
  • Back to the 2011 Topps Archives Project. I've scanned a number of cards to use for the set, I just need to do the write-ups for each of them. And what players am I going to write about? You'll just have to wait and see.
  • More "What Card is This?" segments, especially now that I have more variations to use.
  • With the MLB All-Star Game just a few months away (ballots were released today), I am getting my notes from the last 20 years and will (finally) get around to posting those All-Star Teams from my younger days. The only question is should I start from the beginning (1988), go backwards (I did 2009 at the end of the 2008 season, meaning I'd start with 2008 team...it sounds confusing, go here for a more detailed explanation), or should I just pick any random year?
So hopefully that explains why the lack of posts. It's not because I've decided to pack it in. I see that the numbers of people who subscribe or follow this humble blog has gone up in the last few weeks, so I'm not about to quit now. Consider this the calm before the posting storm.

This weekend just can't come fast enough...

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Jeremya1um said...

I have the Munson SP if you want it.