- No breaking news to report on new products that I find interesting.
- No earth shattering news about Hobby happenings.
- Nothing in the mail lately (still searching for the Obama, Ott, and Munson SP cards...may cave and just buy on the Bay).
- I've been busy at work, and should be back on schedule at work by the end of this week.
- I'm still going through all 30 of the team sets that I bought last week.
- Getting ready for my daughter's 9th birthday (Yikes!!! she's growing up too fast).
- Waiting for Topps Series 2 to come out so I have something new to write about.
This is exactly what I feared. The season is only three weeks old, and I can't think of anything decent to write about. It isn't writer's block...but the muse must have taken a holiday because I haven't been inspired to write anything as of late.
But that doesn't mean I have not done anything, or prepared anything, for the blog. I've been doing a lot of research (with whatever time I can spare), and am slowly piecing together topics for this blog. Nothing specific yet, but what I do know is that I plan on the following features in the next few weeks ahead:
- My Top 10 2006-2009 Topps 14 (or 15) team set cards. This will include my rationale as to why I buy all 30 of the team sets, and where I've gotten them. (I am insane).
- Back to the 2011 Topps Archives Project. I've scanned a number of cards to use for the set, I just need to do the write-ups for each of them. And what players am I going to write about? You'll just have to wait and see.
- More "What Card is This?" segments, especially now that I have more variations to use.
- With the MLB All-Star Game just a few months away (ballots were released today), I am getting my notes from the last 20 years and will (finally) get around to posting those All-Star Teams from my younger days. The only question is should I start from the beginning (1988), go backwards (I did 2009 at the end of the 2008 season, meaning I'd start with 2008 team...it sounds confusing, go here for a more detailed explanation), or should I just pick any random year?
This weekend just can't come fast enough...