Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Savage Surprise in the Mail...

I came home on Friday to see a bubble envelope in the mail bin. Now, I have not made any trades lately, and even though I've been begging and pleading (there is a wantlist on the sidebar...please feel free to let me know if you have any of the cards there that you're willing to part with...thank you), I haven't been doing much in terms of communicating with other collectors. So to see an envelope addressed to me was a complete surprise.

It came from friend of the blog Glenn Savage, and inside it was a little note (with a wantlist that I will gladly go over), 19 2010 Topps Attax Header/Ad/Filler cards (does this mean I've been bipped???), and six 2009 Topps Updates and Highlights Legends of the Game Gold cards!!!

2009 Topps U&H Target Gold Legends of the Game Henderson, Jackson, F. Robinson, Sandberg, Carlton, & Bench.

So now I need three more cards and this set is complete. Of the 60 Walmart and Target Exclusive Legends of the Game cards, I now only need 7 (LLP's are from Walmart, LLG's are from Target):

  • LLP12 Jackie Robinson
  • LLP13 Babe Ruth
  • LLP14 Honus Wagner
  • LLG13 Babe Ruth
  • LLG22 Ozzie Smith
  • LLG23 Babe Ruth
  • LLG25 Nolan Ryan
Thanks Glenn. I will see if I can get something back to you in return.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: