- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1978 Topps #314.
- Player Name, position, team: Paul Lindblad, pitcher, Texas Rangers.
- Major League Debut: September 15, 1965.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1977 stats (Rangers): 42 G, 99 IP, 4-5, 50 R, 46 ER, 46 SO, 29 BB, 4.18 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Athletics as a Free Agent prior to the 1963 season. Contract purchased by the Texas Rangers 02/19/1977. Bats: left, Throws: left.
- Any special information about this specific card: Lindblad's thirteenth regular Topps card (total includes regular and traded cards only). How cool is it to see the statistics of a player and see that he played for the Washington Senators (before they turned into the Texas Rangers)? I think the same will be said in 10 years, when a kid opens a pack of cards and says the same thing about a player with stats from the Montréal Expos. I digress. While the 1978 Topps design isn't the greatest, the picture selection for the set itself is memorable. This card probably wouldn't make it into the Dinged Corners collection (he's not smiling), but it's funny how the trees behind him look like they're coming out of his hair (or is that his hair???) Lindblad played for many years with the Oakland Athletics, including the World Champions in 1973 and 1974 (he was shipped of to Washington in 1971 and moved with the team to Texas for 1972 before coming back to the A's). Although 1978 would turn out to be his final big league season, he did have a 1979 card, so that card will have his final, complete statistics. Many of the players' 1978 cards could be used for a game called "Play Ball." Each card featured a play (single, home run, strikeout, etc), and depending on the card, you could in fact, play a game. Drawing Lindblad's card would have resulted in a fly out.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.08-$0.25.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 4 cards.