- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1982 Topps #686.
- Player Name, position, team: Gary Allenson, catcher, Boston Red Sox.
- Major League Debut: April 8, 1979.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1981 stats (Red Sox): 42 G, 139 AB, 23 R, 31 H, 8 2B, 0 3B, 5 HR, 25 RBI, 0 SB, .388 SLG, 23 BB, 33 SO, .223 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Red Sox #9th, June 1976. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Allenson's third regular Topps card (total includes regular and traded cards only). You know, I have to agree with Night Owl, and it's something I never noticed before. But those lines that come down from the top left corner to where the team name and the player's name do look a lot like hockey sticks. Allenson began his major league career as Carlton Fisk's replacement when he out for most of the 1979 season. Upon Fisk's return, Allenson remained as the team's primary backup. Where space allows, the backs of the players cards include a comic and a quick blurb that do not involve the subject of the card whatsoever. In the cartoon, it reads, "Reggie Jackson set 5 records during the 1977 World Series. The blurb mentions how Cleveland's Municipal Stadium "was the only AL park in which Lance Parrish didn't hit a HR in 1980."
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.05-$0.15.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 6 cards.