- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2008 Topps #641.
- Player Name, position, team: Marcus Thames, outfielder, Detroit Tigers.
- Major League Debut: June 10, 2002.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2007 stats (Tigers): 86 G, 269 AB, 37 R, 65 H, 15 2B, 0 3B, 18 HR, 54 RBI, 2 SB, 13 BB, 72 SO, .498 SLG, .776 OPS, .349 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Yankees #30th, June 1996. Signed with the Tigers as a Free Agent 12/08/2003. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Thames' fifth regular Topps card (total includes regular and traded cards only). Okay, I have to clarify a previous statement I made earlier on another post. Then I received a comment from John, saying that he didn't "think 2008 was a letdown, it was unique and one of the best in 20 years." Considering that I was comparing the 2008 set to 2009's awesome design, yes, the 2008 is a bit subpar. I will tell you though that the 2008 set was much better than the 2007 and 2006 set, but 2009's pretty much blew them all away. What a way to end the decade. Anyway. One of the cool things about the 2008 set was the colorful circles used to encapsulate the team name. It was so good that even the NFL and NBA sets used the same design. Thames, in his fourth year with the Tigers, was overshadowed by All-Stars like Ordoñez, Rodriguez, Granderson, et. al. But Thames held his own as the team's outfielder/DH. The blurb on the back mentions that in his years with Detroit, Thames "homered 15 times in 253 AB's against southpaws...he's 9-17 (two slams) with the bases loaded.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.12-$0.30.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 7 cards.