- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1973 Topps #412.
- Player Name, position, team: Manny Mota, outfielder, Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Major League Debut: April 16, 1962.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1972 stats (Dodgers): 371 AB, 120 H, 16 2B, 5 3B, 5 HR, 48 RBI, .323 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Signed by the Giants as a Free Agent before the 1957 season. Traded by the Expos to the Giants 06/11/1969. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Mota's eleventh regular Topps card (his rookie card). The 1973 Topps set continued the use of action photos in their base cards. The design was clean and included a silhouette player based on his position. Mota was named to the All-Star team in 1973, but it was in 1972 that he saw him in the running for MVP consideration (helps that he had a .375 batting average). In fact, according to the cartoon caption on the back of the card, "Manny has had a BA of better than .300 for the last 7 out of 8 years." Towards the end of his career, he was used primarily as a pinch hitter/defensive replacement. And by the time he ended his career in 1982, he finished with a batting average of .304.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.75-$2.00.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 8 cards.
Well, it's back to normal on Monday. Tomorrow's card will be: 1993 Topps Traded #47T. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Come on back then to see what the Topps Card Randomizer gets us to look at then.