- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2005 Topps Updates and Highlights #UH75.
- Player Name, position, team: Edgar Renteria, shortstop, Boston Red Sox.
- Major League Debut: May 10, 1996.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2005 stats (Red Sox): 153 G, 623 AB, 100 R, 172 H, 36 2B, 4 3B, 8 HR, 70 RBI, 9 SB, 55 BB, 100 SO, .385 SLG, .721 OPS, .276 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Marlins as a Free Agent 02/14/1992. Signed with the Red Sox as a Free Agent 12/17/2004. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Renteria's tenth regular Topps card (total includes regular and traded cards only; doesn't include any all-star, combo, league leader cards). The 2005 Topps U & H set was Topps' first "traded" set at 330 cards, which foreshadowed what we've been seeing for the last five years, (2-330 card series for the regular set plus a 330 card U&H set). The set became known as Updates and Highlights because not only did it "update" the players who either joined new teams from the year before, or the rookies that made an impact that year, but it also featured the lineups for both All-Star teams, the 8 home run participants, the lineups for the MLB Futures game (USA vs. the World), and a number of 2005 draft picks from the June FA draft. What was also unique about this set was that it also included the stats from 2005 (instead of repeating the 2004 stats from the regular set). After six years with the Cardinals, Renteria played for a year with the defending World Series champs. The blurb on the back indicates that when the Red Sox travelled to St. Louis for an interleague series, the Cardinals' fans gave Edgar a 38-second standing ovation. Which is well deserved, since he was a three-time All-Star, a three time Silver Slugger, a two time Gold Glove winner, and an MVP candidate with the Redbirds. He was traded by the Red Sox to the Braves after the 2005 season.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 40 cards.