Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Thank You to the Cardboard Junkie

There is a list of things that happen that you can tell if you are truly becoming a part of the sports card Hobby blogosphere:
  • You leave comments on other people's blogs,
  • You create your own blog,
  • You ask other bloggers look at your site, ask their opinions of it, and if they can add your site to their blog roll,
  • You go to blog catalog sites and add your website to their catalog,
  • Established bloggers add your blog to their blog rolls,
  • Newer bloggers ask that their site be added to your blogroll and they will reciprocate (some times they'll just go ahead and do it anyway...nothing wrong with that),
  • You get involved in a trade with another blogger.

I guess that's the pattern because that is what's happened to me since I started this humble little blog.

So some time last month, I create a post called Topps Helping Kids Get Ready to Back to School??? and include a scan of one of the packages that included a Chipper Jones card.



One of the comments received was from a certain Cardboard Junkie, and his only words were...

I WANT THAT CHIPPER!

So anyway, I mailed him not one, but TWO Chipper cards. He got them earlier this week, thanked me for them on his blog, and announced that he was sending me a stack of Cubs cards. While I didn't think it was necessary for him to send anything in exchange (I was more than happy to oblige), I'm not going to say no to free cards, especially after he already mailed them.

Well the package came today, and all I have to say is...WOW!!! He sent a variety of Cub cards from different brands and years (some Topps Heritage cards, a couple of UD cards...hey, this is a Topps blog..., a few other brands I can't think of the top of my head, I did recognize a Jerome Walton Bowman contest card among the highlights).

So to dayf, thank you very much for the cards. I now feel I am more a part of the Hobby blogging community than I was when I started.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

2 comments:

dayf said...

You are welcome. Also, by sending a Topps fan Upper Deck cards, I knew I would be giving you something you didn't have. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Bob said...

I am desperately trying to track down the Griffey, Jr. card from that set. Do you know where I can get my hands on one? I can't find them anywhere! Thanx.

Bob