Thanks to the Topps Card Randomizer, introducing the Random Topps Card of the Day for Wednesday, November 14, 2012:
- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1994 Topps Traded #31T.
- Player Name, position, team: Gabe White, pitcher, Montréal Expos.
- Major League Debut: May 27, 1994.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1993 stats (Ottawa, AAA-International): 6 G, 40.1 IP, 2-1, 15 R, 14 ER, 29 SO, 6 BB, 6 GS, 1 CG, 1 SHO, 0 SV, 3.12 SV.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Expos, #3rd, June 1990. Bats: left. Throws: left.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 4. This is his second Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "Gabe, the Expos' top upper-level pitching prospect, made his ML debut on 05/27/94 in style, allowing one run on four hits over six innings to defeat the Colorado Rockies."
- Commentary: You'd think that with only four regular cards to his name that Gabe White didn't have a long career. Au contraire. White's career in the major leagues spanned 11 seasons, with five teams. While he was drafted by les Expos de Montréal, he spent a majority of his career with the Reds. Cincinnati must have liked White a lot because even after trading him away to the Rockies and Yankees, he was traded back to the Reds in later deals. Anyway, in two years with Montréal, White appeared in 26 games, started six of them, went 2-3 with a high 6.57 ERA, and struck out 42 batters in 49.1 innings of work. After his 1995 Topps card, White did not appear in another Topps product until 2001. It would be his final appearance in an eponymous Topps card as his remaining cards were in the extremely comprehensive Topps Total products.
- Beckett value: $0.02-$0.10.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 4 cards.