Monday, October 1, 2012

Blogroll Maintenance and Another Inductee into the SCBR Hall of Fame

I am trying to get back into more of a routine with these blogs. Now it's time to get to the business at hand and attempt to update the Sports Card Blogroll before more blogs reach seven months of inactivity instead of the six that I've worked so hard to maintain.

At the end of my last Blogroll update post, I was down to 354 blogs on the active roster. Thanks to a number of emails and comments, I have added eight new blogs to the roster, bringing the count to 362.
You may have noticed, though, that the SCBR presently holds 360 active blogs.

That is because when I heard that blogger Chris Stufflestreet passed away, I immediately removed his blogs from the active roster and into the Retired but Relevant section on the sidebar. I then received a comment from Alfredo Ortega (The Cardboard Don) requesting that I add Vintage Sportscards, his main blog, to the SCBR Hall of Fame. I have read and enjoyed many of his posts. He truly has shown that he is an expert on the subject. Even before he started his blog, he was sharing his knowledge to many websites and Hobby forums, specifically the grandfather of vintage card discussion, Net54(or click here to see older discussions). Based on the number of tributes written by many in our Hobby Blogging Community, as well as the tribute given by Bob D'Angelo of the Tampa Bay Tribune, there is no doubt in my mind that his Vintage Sportscards will now be the fifth blog inducted into the SCBR HOF.

Without further ado, here are the blogs that are being removed from the active roster due to six months of inactivity:
With the five blogs now removed from the active roll, that brings our final total down to 355 blogs about the Hobby we all share, for a net gain of +1.

As always, if you or someone you know has a blog about the Hobby we all love, please send me an email at bdj610@hotmail.com and let me know about it. If your blog was on the big SCBR and was removed from inactivity but are planning on rejoining the big Hobby Blogging Community, let me know as well so I can put your blog back on the roster.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Commishbob said...

Well done, JayBee. Chris Stufflestreet is definitely worthy of the honors. The card blogging world will miss him.